Barron's comes out bullish on Intel (INTC)
- Intel has been suffering from a lack of leadership role in the high-growth smartphone and tablet processor markets; that should soon come to an end with new design wins
- Continued leadership in PC processors, including the high growth Ultrabook area
- Massive cloud computing growth
- Strength in high-performance, big data applications
- Cash-rich, with $7.1 billion in net cash and investments, yet pays a current 3.5% dividend and has bought back stock
- A "four year lead" in manufacturing process technology
Leaning, as usual, on a third party investor's assessment, Barron's concludes that "Intel shares should get revalued as it powers more smartphones and other mobile devices. Two-year upside is $38-$40, about 50% above current levels."
Covestor models that are long Intel with over 5% allocation as of end of day 5/25/12:
- 401 Advisor - Dividend and Income Plus
- Capital Ideas - Macro Plus Income
- Leif Erikson - Performance with Protection
- James Roberts - Fortune's Most Admired and Stock Diagnostics
Covestor Ltd. is a registered investment advisor. Covestor licenses investment strategies from its Model Managers to establish investment models. The commentary here is provided as general and impersonal information and should not be construed as recommendations or advice. Information from Model Managers and third-party sources deemed to be reliable but not guaranteed. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Transaction histories for Covestor models available upon request. Additional important disclosures available at http://site.covestor.com/help/disclosures. For information about Covestor and its services, go to http://covestor.com or contact Covestor Client Services at (866) 825-3005, x703.
The following article is from one of our external contributors. It does not represent the opinion of Benzinga and has not been edited.