Microsoft Workplace: Pros And Cons
Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT) CEO Satya Nadella surprised the market when he announced the acquisition of LinkedIn Corp (NYSE: LNKD) for $26.2 billion. Business Insider wanted to explore what Microsoft employees had to say about their fearless leader.
Reviewing sites such as Glassdoor, Quora, and other job comment sources, Business Insider reviewed the best and worst things about working for Microsoft. The best things include:
- Great salary and benefits
- Diverse products to work on
- Influence to work on products that everyone uses
- Belief in Nadella as CEO
- Working with great employees, which reduced stress level at work
It's no surprise then that Nadella has a 93 percent approval rating on Glassdoor. However, there were a few negatives to working at Microsoft:
- Learning curve of internal jargon
- Little work life balance, yet improved from before
- Career can become stagnant
- Complex business with many complex processes, leads to bureaucracy
As with any workplace, Microsoft has its shares of pros and cons. Hopefully Nadella can continue to change Microsoft culture for the better.
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.