The 6 Most Dedicated Fanbases On StockTwits
StockTwits is used by investors and market professionals alike to keep up with the latest news and trends in the finance world. The communication platform is a catalyst between people, connecting them through common “streams” of information. “These streams provide new forms of insight, ideas and information that are used by investors, analysts, media and others as they research stocks and manage their investments,” the company said.
One of the benefits of the platform is the ability to compile data and form conclusions about the broader market from a centralized interface. This interface provides metrics, technical, monitoring and other workflow tools to this end.
StockTwits recently shared with Benzinga its top message volume stocks as a percentage of total message volume as of Wednesday.
The Top 6 Earlier This Week
By volume, the top names came in as:
- 1. Sunedison Inc (NYSE: SUNE), 5.07 percent and 5,374 messages
- 2. Great Basin Scientific Inc (NASDAQ: GBSN), 2.4 percent and 2,310 messages
- 3. SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (NYSE: SPY), 2.1 percent and 2,237 messages
- 4. Net Element International Inc (NASDAQ: NETE), 1.8 percent and 1,629 messages
- 5. Valeant Pharmaceuticals Intl Inc (NYSE: VRX), 1.42 percent and 1,531 messages
- 6. Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL), 1.08 percent and 971 messages
According to a StockTwits representative, the list is fairly indicative of the typical top fanbases, with the exception of Net Element International.
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.