These were The Top 10 Trending Stocks This Week
With July 4th weekend upon us, here were the top 10 stocks with the highest social chatter and sentiment changes this week according to Stockal. Stockal tracks ratings and social data to gauge total sentiment on a stock. Keep an eye out for movement in this stocks next week as well.
1. Atlas Resource Partners, L.P. (NYSE: ARP) – ARP recorded a huge surge in price on Thursday. Due to continued lower commodity price, ARP’s board has decided to suspend a couple of its Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Units.
2. Facebook Inc (NASDAQ: FB) – Facebook stock fell by almost 3%, and was one of the biggest losers on Monday. The largest social network also announced a change to its newsfeed algorithm that would place more of an emphasis on posts from friends and less from brands. The Information also reported that photosharing on Facebook-owned Instagram was down.
3. Valeant Pharmaceuticals Intl (NYSE: VRX) – Valeant dipped on Monday along with the rest of the post-Brexit volatility. Analysts believe it has significant risks in the event of a currency turmoil, with BMO initiating coverage this week at market perform.
4. Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: ACAD) – Acadia Pharmaceuticals created a huge buzz when it was added to the Large Cap Russell 1000 Index. The biotechs in general had some broader movement this week on the heels of a U.S. Government report that Medicare will be exhausted by 2028, two years earlier than expected.
5. Stone Energy Corporation (NYSE: SGY)– Scotia Howard Weil initiated coverage on Stone Energy with Sector Perform rating and a price target as high as $17. SGY traded up by 22% after that. Shares spiked on Thursday on unconfirmed chatter that they were to sell Marcellus Acreage.
6. Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) - With the event of Brexit, and CEO Reed Hastings selling 113,708 shares, the stock was bearish this week. On Tuesday, NFL owner Michael Bidwell created some chatter when he said he expects streaming services like Netflix to one day outbid traditional broadcasters.
7. Skyworks Solutions Inc (NASDAQ: SWKS) – Skyworks surged on rumors of a possible bid from Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOMM).
8. Endo International plc (NASDAQ: ENDP) – Endo International was up this week as it announced that it’s been issued a new patent and said its exploring asset sales.
9. Vuzix Corporation (NASDAQ: VUZI) – Amidst a volatile week, Vuzix Corp’s rating was updated by Vista Partners, to a new price target of $15.
10. Pacific Ethanol Inc (NASDAQ: PEIX) – Pacific Ethanol Inc jumped 8.13% on Thursday, with a high volume of around 1.3 million shares.
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.