What Is Really Going On in Global Economy/Markets?
There is a reason that Jeff Gundlach and team at Doubleline have gone from zero to $50 BILLION in assets under management in a shorter time frame than some people can go to the bathroom and get back to their desk. What is that reason?
In my humble opinion, Gundlach and his colleagues have an uncanny ability to be three steps ahead of the competition while scanning the global economic and market landscape from a 360 degree angle. What makes them even more unique?
They are happy to show their cards. Can you imagine Bill Belichick sharing his playbook with other coaches in the NFL? I know of no other asset management entity that lays out a review of the markets and global economy with the style and substance that Gundlach and Doubleline do.
What does Belichick, er I mean Gundlach, have to say currently? Let's navigate as he opens the playbook and reveals how “To Catch a Thief.” What “plays” and “replays” are revealed unlike anywhere else in one single compilation?
1. Historical Sovereign Debt Defaulters 1800-2010
2. Trade, Exchange Rates, Budgets and Interest Rates
3. Developed World QE as % of GDP
4. S&P 500 Peak Performance from Fed's QE Programs
5. Chart of Gold vs Aggregate QE
6. QE 1 and 2 Effect Across Asset Classes
7. Euro vs US dollar in 2012
8. Industrial Production in Germany and Italy
9. A Review of Japan from Many Angles
10. Graph of Real Federal Debt (1913 to Projected 2017)
11. Bar Graph of US Debt and GDP
12. Graph of US Debt Ceiling
13. What is the Fiscal Cliff?
14. US Job Losses Pre-Crisis and Jobs Gained Post Recovery (UGLY!!)
15. Median Household Income
16. Graph of Those Out of Work and Running Out of Benefits
17. The “Real” Value of Consumer Spending
18. Wages as % of Economy
19. Corporate Profits Hitting an All Time High as % of GDP
20. Labor Participation Rates by Age Group
21. Household Income Growth by Age
22. 55+ Year Olds Increasingly Looking for Work
23. Total Debt Balance
24. Inflation Comparison Across Sectors
25. % of Debt Balance 90+ Days Delinquent
26. % of 90+ Day Delinquent Student Loans
27. Student Tuition Costs vs Average Graduate Earnings
28. Fixed Income Returns by Asset Class
29. Graph of Euro vs S&P %00 Index
30. Global Food Price Index at Record High (Thank You Ben Bernanke!!)
31. New Home Sales (down so long and bumping along the bottom)
32. Case-Shiller Price Declines by City (very interesting)
33. Jumbo Mortgage Rates of Delinquency, Default, and Loss Severities
34. Review of Doubleline Fund Returns (impressive)
Here is a pdf link to the webcast hosted by Gundlach yesterday. Click on the image below to access:
If you are having a hard time finding a gift for those who always stump you, then give them this link to the work of Gundlach and team at Doubleline. You will be saving them an inordinate amount of wasted time and effort trying to understand what is really going on in the global economy and markets.
I have no affiliation or business interest with any entity referenced in this commentary. The opinions expressed are my own. I am a proponent of real transparency within our markets so that investor confidence and investor protection can be achieved.
The following article is from one of our external contributors. It does not represent the opinion of Benzinga and has not been edited.