Google Stock Split is "Founder Friendly," Helps Company Long-Term
Yesterday after the close, Google declared a 2 for 1 stock split, prompting concerns from some and praise from others.
"We think this is a good move," Trip Chowdhry, the Managing Director of Equity Research at Global Equities Research, said in an e-mail update on the stock. Chowdhry outlined the following five reasons why he thinks the stock split was a smart decision:
- "Makes Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) stock for affordable to some investors."
- "Increases liquidity in stock."
- "Attracts more investors to the stock."
- "Is founder friendly, and helps company to be better position itself for the long-term."
- "Long-term investors will benefit from this move."
Follow me @LouisBedigian
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.