Lifecycle of App Development Process: For Simple & Easy Understanding
As more chunk of people are using smartphones and tablets for multiple purposes, they find mobile applications the best source of everyday utility. Mobile applications are putting a great impact on our daily lives for connecting us with our social & business circle easily. Now coming back to our question that how mobile applications can benefit businesses and how businesses can grab them?
It is perfectly understood that no business wants to lag in the technological race, whether you have small or large business. The inflated popularity of mobile apps can be well reckoned with over 5 billion app downloads, since the time when Apple App Store came into existence. For any business, the biggest concern is the overall cost that needs to be invested on the app development and launch. Though developing a mobile app for your business need is not an easy job. It includes creative ideas as well as proven development process to get the thing done aptly. When these two things are well-planned then the cost involved in the development is also reduced.
How to Create Successful App Development Plan
When you are planning to get your mobile application development, make sure you always keep the goals in mind, such as, audience type etc. Keep all the important perspectives in brain at the time of app development, then developing the app will not be a big challenge. Once you have conceptualized the idea, then the next step is to jump to the development layout plan. Below discussed are some of the essential features that are the part of a successful app development plan.
Defining the Type of Mobile App You Need
Before you assign your app project to the team of developers, it is important for you to get clear of the idea that what type of application you are intending to acquire for your business. Just giving the ambiguous hint to the developer is certainly the silliness that will lead to expensive and disappointing outcome in the end. Look down to get an idea of the various types of app categories possibilities.
1. Basic application: As the name suggest, these applications have basic functionalities and offer easy-to-use navigation. Such type of apps can be quickly developed and includes an investing ranging from $500-$2000 which will depend what features do you want to embed and from where you are obtaining them.
2. Games Applications: This is one of the most preferred apps and turn out to be successful in the market today. Well you will find some of the biggest fans of games (like Temple Run (with successful version), Cut the Rope, Angry Birds) around you only. As these apps are big, so their coding is also complex. You may procure the development of game applications somewhere from $10,000 to $250,000.
3. Database driven Applications: Well these types of apps need functionality for huge databases. Such mobile applications are popular to provide its users multiple features like adding information to the database, access and search. You can acquire the development of applications in the range of $5,000 to $50,000. Again you need to be smart to get choose the service provider.
4. Custom mobile apps: Well is there is no boundary that will categorize the potential. The development of such application is thoroughly dependent upon the client’s specific needs and business requirement.
5. Mobile application: These apps are pure mobile applications offering convenient web presence to the mobile users. E-commerce store, mobile trading application etc. are the best example to describe this app category. Here the users can log-in and can easily interact with the services/systems offered by the business website.
Crystal-clear Understanding of the Requirements
The very first step to any development procedure is to get into the details meticulously. It is important to be specific in designing too, so clear your requirements whether you are designing an app for iPhone device, ipod, iPad or Android. Because difference matters a lot when you don’t want to compromise on quality, once the complete idea is done on the paper, the next step is to jump to the coding phase.
Regular Improvement and Development
It is crucial to implement and improve the development details persistently to come up with the final output as per the documentation. Regular improvements should be done at each phase of development for overall application.
Testing For Flawless Coding & Output
The last but not the least phase of mobile application development plan is testing and resolving the bugs carefully. Because once the application is launched, no flaw is acceptable at users’s end as it imprints a wrong impress and ultimate your brand identity. This is why testing is done in two phases i.e. alpha testing – where the Quality analysts review the application functionality and the other one is beta-testing stage, where the customers get the chance to use and send feedbacks for the working of the respective application. After successful testing outcomes, the application is being launched with the public release and development process comes to the end at that particular phase.
Nathan Johnson comes up with interactive and informative mobile app development blogs to help application developers to know about on-going technologies. Nathan is currently working with AppsChopper – a pioneered mobile app development company based in India.